Saturday, December 28, 2013

A Secret Life

I have a curious habit.

After watching a movie, I like to check online for reviews.  Perhaps it's because whenever I asked Bill or Cara or whomever I was with, they'd always nod and simply say: "good!"  before moving on to the next topic or activity of the day.

My mind tends to linger however, in the world created in the movie, with the minds of the heros or heroines for a while longer.   At the start of each movie, they cast out a ribbon and connects their world with mine, until I can't tell where theirs began and mine end.  Though the ribbon dissipates with the rolling of credits and the darkening of screens, I can still feel its pull in a dream like state.

I saw "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" today.

It was "really good".   I said it several times during the movie, thinking I'd like to own a copy of this so I can watch it over and over again. 

Yet, the end of the movie brought a surprising sense of closure.  I did not feel the need to look up reviews or drag my friends into deeper discussions.  I can't quite pinpoint why, though I don't really mind that.

Perhaps I will write more about it later.

Perhaps one secret life is enough for today.


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting film. I also like to think of films as entering a world that should be explored and discussed later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice blog....keep in touch
    plz join my blog
    http://9shonalimukherji9.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. "A Blessing A Day" has been included in the A Sunday Drive for this week. Be assured that I hope this helps to point many more new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2014/02/a-sunday-drive_16.html

    ReplyDelete

Reply?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...