* Having had time to write, edit or daydream, with bunny purring happily in my lap, or nearby.
* Made my first visit to a very old local mission - "God's extended hand", and met some amazing people. Their stories stay with me long after my return.
* Good friends got together to celebrate poolside, with grilled chicken and sweet rice. Heat allowed all the girls to wear skirts that bloomed into the light breeze. Tears and laughter of joy over the past year's trials and how they helped reveal supportive hands from everywhere, strong arms that held each other up as we walked through this and that.
* A group of writing minds met finally for some discussions. The critiques are so spot on while respectful, sparks of creativity flew.
* Family near and afar, on my mind.
* The boy makes a safe and joyous return from a week long trip away, browner and chirpier than ever. We eat sushi and watch "the Flying Deuces" together, stopping every so often to chuckle or chat about his experience of the week.