Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Few Thanks...

* Having had time to write, edit or daydream, with bunny purring happily in my lap, or nearby.

* Made my first visit to a very old local mission - "God's extended hand", and met some amazing people. Their stories stay with me long after my return.

* Good friends got together to celebrate poolside, with grilled chicken and sweet rice.  Heat allowed all the girls to wear skirts that bloomed into the light breeze.  Tears and laughter of joy over the past year's trials and how they helped reveal supportive hands from everywhere, strong arms that held each other up as we walked through this and that.

* A group of writing minds met finally for some discussions.  The critiques are so spot on while respectful, sparks of creativity flew.

* Family near and afar, on my mind.

* The boy makes a safe and joyous return from a week long trip away, browner and chirpier than ever. We eat sushi and watch "the Flying Deuces" together, stopping every so often to chuckle or chat about his experience of the week.

11 comments:

  1. Oh I had almost forgotten the joy of a sleeping bunny in my lap! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. You made me hungry for sushi.

    I met with writing minds this weekend. I love how it inspires the writing. I've been at the computer all day. I got some great spot on critiques...

    Love the bunny. We had a brown bunny named, Hobbes, many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these are wonderful, wonderful blessings and feeling gratitude brings such happiness. :) I feel happy just reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No matter what the world might say, how dark it may become, there are so many wonderful things for which to be grateful. Thank you for reminding us of that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the part about the skirts blooming in the breeze, because I love wearing lightweight skirts like that in summer, but I haven't worn one in a while.

    Your little bunny is so white and fluffy and adorable.

    This post is a sweet one; it reminds your readers of the little blessings of every day. As Jayne said - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww, that bunny is so adorable! I have such a soft spot for small, furry animals. :)

    This is a lovely list of things to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an uplifting post... there are so many wonderful things we can be thankful for... I love your little bunny... how cute is that! They say a pet that can sit in your lap[ and your can stroke can bring your stress level down considerably... May you always be surrounded by joyous experiences...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a wonderful week. And how nice when all your critiques are spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds marvelously upbeat, Shopgirl

    ReplyDelete

Reply?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...