Saturday, February 26, 2011

Dancing With Words

You have this way with words,
that made me swoon
in tears.

lights of inspiration,
shadows of pain,
dampened spirits,
sweetness of love,
young and hopeful,
grown and wise,
innocent and light,
worn bodies and soul,
vivid
with just the lightest roll
of your touch.

peering
into your intimate silver lining discoveries,
starlight stories,
snow filled soliloquies,
resisting but persisting,
musing yet confessing,
without adult supervising,
and inhaling,
the fragrance
of these otherworldly words lingering,
into the stillness of my heart.

life
turns a corner
from rivers
of hidden tears,
connections
made from zero
to hundreds,
words to look forward to,
even though the occasional sighs
the often down cast eyes
still arrive
to pronounce despair's fierce pulls;
I no longer fear,
but peek out at the world
with brand new shines
that spell understanding,
acceptance,
and hope


please allow
this fumbled salute
to words of fire
that have kindled
into the window of my soul;
baring
every sorrow,
sharing
every wound, 
so even ice, snow and shadow,
break free prisons of harrow
weaving kindred spirits,
into that blazing colors of rainbows.

So my dream
tonight is without words,
and visions
for that fairy of evanescence.
Hope is in a glance
for stealing into her essence,
that seals the fate
of an inspiration renaissance.

---
Dedicated to the group of inspirational writers and blogging connections made in the past few months. Not weaved into the poem but certainly some of the most admirable writers atop this list are:


Mr. London Street
The Baglady
The runaway bride
Happy Frog and I
Nari (who writes "Nari's life")
Bth (who writes "a little light in London")
Light 208 (who writes "Shadows")
Manda (who writes "Memoirs of a Word Nerd")
Maria (who writes "Something about Maria")
the author of "Murmurs"
the author of "Domesticated Bohemian"
...
...
and so many more,
please check my blog list for a complete listing,
as my memories are failing.




                            

11 comments:

  1. :-D

    Poem or prose, you certainly have a way with words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a first poem, I think it came out well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very lovely poem, very good for a first one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing poem it was! Loved it! Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A first? My, I think you must certainly keep dancing with words, girlie.

    Beautiful, indeed ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I no longer fear,
    but peek out at the world
    with brand new shines
    that spell understanding,
    acceptance,
    and hope..."
    And it shows here! What a beautiful, beautiful poem. I think there's a real poet lurking within. Oh yes, indeed. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Shopgirl - I like the new look of your blog, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your words tumble and roll, graceful and lyrical. They echo themselves. You have an ear, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd never be able to write a poem as this....hats off!

    ReplyDelete
  10. .."fairy of evanescence." That's just so delightful. Lovely words Shopgirl, beautifully set out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the way this flows! Favorite line.

    inhaling,
    the fragrance
    of these otherworldly words lingering,
    into the stillness of my heart.


    I pictured a small bird nestling beside your heart here. It made me feel all warm.

    ReplyDelete

Reply?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...