Thursday, January 27, 2011

Award Season...

It is the awards season and high time I followed up on all the generous awards I've been receiving.  Apologies in the delay, I had a few posts in the works (and I  keep them in my head during those times) so it was a bit of a juggling act for a while.

Thanks to Barbra L from Notes From The Second Half who passed on these awards to me.  If you ever wonder what the title means, you should check out her profile and her blog, it's a neat story.  I hope you like it as much as I did.

Also as I've been posting on the header section of my posts,  these bloggers passed me the stylish award.


Most of them have been blogging for a while, but I think Starlight started around the same time I did, so we have a special "new blogger" connection sometimes I think.  She is better at it though, so you'd find more fun stuff and more visitors on her blog usually.

Simple Thoughts is just that, he is a straight shooter, but his thoughts are not always so simple.  I find myself nodding while reading his writing a lot, reflecting on pretty deep stuff.

Caterpillar is a friend from UK, she has a fun blog that ranges from new puppy adopting her to all sorts of other musings.  In fact that is part of the the name of her blog, "Musings  and confessions of...", if you want to find out more, please click on the link above.

So here are the awards I got:

1. Life is good
2. The Irresistibly Sweet
3. Stylish Blogger

I have to say I love both of these concepts. I mean being a chocoholic, sweetsaholic and loving all sorts of other good things, how can life not be good?  (OK, don't answer that, work with me here)

I also love answering questions about myself.  My friends all know they have to shut me up in time or I could sit there and talk about myself all day long and they'd get stuck with no way out.  This is another reason I was so late in accepting this, it's called self ministered delayed gratification.  It's a fancy way of saying "save the best for last".

So ten questions about myself, here we go:

1.      If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this?  If you aren't anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously, so that you could be anonymous now?

I am only semi-anonymous, you know like "semi-automatic"?  Anyway, I started being somewhat anonymous as I am very insecure about my writing and that the anonymity made me less self conscious about it.  

I just really like the name "shopgirl" also, as I used to be somewhat of a shopaholic.  People who know me well are always asking, "so, when are you going to start that fashion blog of yours?"   I'd say: "what do you mean, I sent you a bunch of emails asking for comments last week! (I didn't.)"   They'd change topic real quick after that.  

If I start another blog or this one over again, I'd probably stay fully anonymous.

2.      Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side.

The only thing I am pretty stubborn about these days is that I am stubborn about nothing.
3.      What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?

Someone who badly needs hair products, a make over and is smiling for no reason.

4.      What is your favorite summer cold drink?

I don't usually like anything cold, but champaign on ice (or Kir Royale if I was in Paris) will do nicely for a really hot summer day, but short of those white wine works too.
 
5.      When you take time for yourself, what do you do?

Funny you should ask, I wrote a blog about it and it was well received. So rather than repeating things, please give this a visit and let me know what you think.   Though if time is unlimited here, I'd definitely travel.
 
6.      Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life?

There are just too many of those things.  Learn more languages, travel more around the world, make a difference (original I know).  I am one of those people that if I won the lottery, I'd become a career student in some place fun and exotic.  But I'd always wanted to learn new things, have new experiences, try breaking the mold, so to speak. 

7.      When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person or always ditching?

I was all of the above.  I get bored of ditching for the first two years of school so I became the overachiever from 3rd grade on.  Then I got bored with that and became the clown for about a year and a half.  I was both ditching quite a bit and somewhat of an achiever through middle school.  Right now I am playing the role of a loser and truth be told, I may have just found my calling in life.
 
8.      If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?

I am not sure this answers it but it is something that has already happened.  It was the moment when I realized I needed to stop blaming my circumstances and look at changes needed in myself instead.  It was a turning point.
 
9.      Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog, or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people and events?

No talking about myself is a hobby, which is why I started a blog.  I am less comfortable talking about those around me as I tend to feel very protective about them, their privacy and identities.  I always ask permission before I post something and I usually change names with just a few exceptions (those who gave me permissions in a more general sense).  So I tend to write about myself more, and I am not that great at making stuff up so it is my true self or I'd be writing fictions.  Connecting with the community I found on blogsphere had helped me opened up more, I would say.


10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?

Talk on the phone. Though I hate the phone as a medium to communicate, I always prefer human interactions over well, something that is not.  But I love books and I do read a lot. I am a bit of a dreamer and a good read can inject a lot of colors and fantasies into my dreams.  I also can't always get a hold of my friends, as they, just like me, are a busy bunch.  Sadly though, I did the majority of my readings of the classics when I was very young and couldn't really appreciate them fully.

This is becoming my longest blog, but I'd like to pass the awards to a few others.  I think they are very neat, so please do visit their blogs and give them your encouragements. I know they'd appreciate it.

1. The Triplet Crown
2. Endless Eats
3. Rachels' Kitchen to Kitchen
4. A Journal Of Days

Sorry I don't know a lot more bloggers who haven't already received the awards. I won't be upset if they don't accept them as I know writing blogs could sometimes use up that last bit of time in your day.  I'd happily pass on to those who already received, if they'd like it again.  I feel privileged to receive them multiple times. Again apologies for the late responses.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the triple bonanza!!
    I guess most of us start blogging to write about ourselves only!
    We are all so selfish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for the recognitions you received! I enjoyed reading your answers.

    And thank you for thinking of me when giving an award! I am humbled and honored. I don't recall ever receiving an award of any kind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. You need to re-think #7. I believe you have a much higher role than you give yourself : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, hey, Shopgirl - congrats to you. Well deserved, indeed!
    And I agree with Leonora. This blog is not the stuff of a loser...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Congrats on those awards...it's so nice to know about you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha thanks for all your kind comments, you made me chuckle and smile. I've been taking a lot of cold medicine so that may have to do with the bit you disagreed with.

    Runawaybride - your story is so interesting I am glad you were "selfish" enough to share with us!

    Leonora - I get a lot out of your blog so well deserved to give something back.

    Jayne - Thanks I really appreciate that. It makes me want to work harder at the next story.

    Caterpillar - Glad to have you back, I am glad you did. I hope all is well with you too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome blog! i love your username as well. i actually just made a post about shopping

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, congrats on the awards; looks to me that you've earned them! :)

    Following and supporting!

    ReplyDelete

Reply?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...