Friday, November 12, 2010

Autumn Mums, Apple Pie and Autism...

Writing in the style of Three Beautiful Things  today.

A friend brought a cheerful bunch of mums for my party, just as I was panicking about it.  It brightened the day considerably and as flowers go, this is one of my favorites, for you always find them in a tightly hugged out group, never a stuck out bubble head on a long thorny stick as some others.

Another friend brought in a yummy smelling pie, just in time for the fall holidays.  It is baked to a golden hue, with caramel colored filling oozing through the lattice design just a bit, threatening to but not yet overflown.  I am saving it as the finale tonight, to the oohs and aahs of many I am sure.

Just finished reading a book on autism, as a friend's child is suffering a mild form of it.  It is beautifully written and astonishingly resonates with my own childhood feelings of inadequacy, finding a fit into groups, and feeling accepted.  It taught me about recognizing in the uniqueness of each individual, while adhering to a universal rule of tolerance, understanding and acceptance.

2 comments:

  1. OH, very nice pictures in my head from those descriptions. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. @JoeinVegas - Thank you for stopping by my blog and your kind comment.

    ReplyDelete

Reply?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...