Friday, October 15, 2010

Chiromagic 正骨灵

I don't need to tell you how much back pain can bother someone.  Lots of us have had it, literally.

Well, I had so much pain that I couldn't sleep at all one night.  The next morning, I got a heating pad, and my very first appointment with a chiropractor.

I was very suspicious, which is why I had waited so long to even look into it.  Thoughts like:

* Is "a chiropractor" a real doctor?
* Is it just a really deep tissue massage?
* Do they just tell everybody they are "out of alignment"?
* Do they say that so they'd keep coming back?

were all over my head.


That's right, I am not a skeptic.  I am just curious.

Well, after my visit, here are some answers:

* the doctor seems real enough, he didn't over hype the issues, but stuck to what bothered me.
* I didn't get a massage, but a lecture on regular exercise, good postures and limiting stress.
* There was not much "alignment" talk, I did get an X-ray.
* I was encouraged back regularly but only once as a side note.

All in all, I felt a lot better, understood more about the impact of my work on my body, and the importance of regular exercise.  "Real medicine" or not, it got me back up on my feet, and feeling years younger in one session.  There wasn't even any drugs involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reply?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...